From AS/PSYC1010 Wiki
The Psychology 1010N Inquiry Project
The Psychology 1010N Inquiry Project is a collaborative effort on the part of the members of Psychology 1010N courses over the past five years at York University. Our initial goal in 2007 was to create a dynamic set of resources for the study of each of 30 psychological issues identified by the members of that first class. The following years' classes identified additional issues for study, and the results of the work of the most recent class can be found on the pages linked below. The 2012 class will build on the work of the previous ones and identify additional issues around which to collect resources. Each existing set of resources includes a list of references to material that would be valuable to someone seeking to write a professional paper on the issue of interest. Each set is accompanied by an explanation of how the particular inquiry question evolved and in what way each resource might be valuable to someone interested in the question. Each resource set is presented in the fashion that seemed most appropriate to the group of students responsible for collecting the resources, but all contain references to books, journal articles, websites and other appropriate sources. Some groups have compiled their resources on a single page; others have created links to separate pages for each element of the issue they wish to address. Most pages include the names of the group members who collaborated in compiling and annotating the resources.
Any readers who wish additional information on the project are encouraged to contact, Ron Sheese, the Course Director of Psychology 1010N.
The Psychology 1010N Inquiry Project - resources for contributors
For a description of the Group Inquiry Project assignment (2012), go to: Group Inquiry Assignment.
For a discussion of what it means to annotate references go to: Creating annotations
For examples of references in proper APA style, go to: APA style referencing
If you have little or no previous experience with wikis, you may find this video helpful.
For instructions on the use of WIKI formatting commands (includes creating links), go to: Basic Formatting Guide.
For instructions on creating links to online articles found in a PsycINFO search, go to: Creating links to online articles
For more comprehensive instructions on creating, moving and formatting wiki pages click "Help" in the "navigation" portion of the left sidebar; then on the screen which appears, choose "3. For editors".
Inquiry Projects for 2012
- How Biology and Culture Influence Our Perception of Beauty - Dureyti, Marwa, Heather, Lina, Pooneh
- Learning Disabilities and its influence on Self-Perception - Hans, Nik, Ugo, Rutvi
- Are Religious People More Happy? The Contribution of Religion to Happiness - Arash, Sabrina, Zareena, Navdeep, Albertos
- Alzheimer’s Disease: An Overview of the Biological, Environmental and Preventative Measures - Vasthi, Serena, Andrew, Rebecca, Amelia
- Do Dreams Affect Our Emotions? - Mary, Juan, Mike, Pinar
- Parents Coping with Teenage Rebellion - Louis, Jessica, Anas, Ilham, Josh, Christian
- Families living through Autism - Kaili, Nimo, Samantha, Joseph, Nancy
- What are the cognitive patterns in dyslexia? - Stephanie, Sophie, Joey, Siobhan
- Captured by Regret - Joelle, Nicole, Ernest, Eliana, Vanessa
- Exercise and Mental Health - Claire, Melissa, Anthony, Sreela, Marcel
- How Do People Use Language to Construct Meaning Systems? - Doan-An, Jung, Sarah, Jenna, & JJ
- What is the role of conformity in contemporary adolescents? - Nattasha, Neelum, Anindita, & Min
- What is The Social Understanding of the Psychology behind Serial Killers Compared to That Influenced by Media? - Asadullah, Kishan, Sana, Quincy, & Amanda
- Psychological Aspects of Fear - Lee Anne, Ramona, Simone, Emily, Jelena, Tasmin, & Danea
- Does Repression Exist? - Nathan Saprikin, Gianpaolo Aimola, Vugar Babayev, Shlomo Harel
- Mental Health, Conflict and the Law - Rachel Medeiros, William Yeung, Alex Brown, Erica Carinci
- What are the effects of psychological phenomenon on the homeless? - Stephen Bell, Nicole Sutherland, Helena Brown, Ben Juarez, Kendra Stanton
- Anorexia - Navjot Hundal, Emmanuel Adu-Tutu, Abdellah Al-Mousa, Afoah Donkar; Subal Asghar
- Teen Pregnancy - Gurpreet Kaur, Bilan Hussein, Angelica Torres, David Stopka, Lotoya Campbell
- The Stigma Within Mental Illnesses - Tyler, Saadia, Nadira
- Medicating ADHD Children - Althena, Zohranah, & Ayesha
- The cause and effects of bullying in the workplace - Cedric, Jaimini, & John
- The Evolution of the Modern Day Psychopath - Teagan, Bentzen, Alex, & Michelle
- The expression of emotion through facial expression - Nirusan, Kevin, Stennisha, Joanne
- The Nature and Nurture of Video Games - Filsan, Jenny, Kareema, Dorothy
- Anxiety in Sport - Joseph, Elizabeth, Sandra, Lloyd
- The Nature and Nurture of Religion - Chris, Neek, Aliza